Recently, my boyfriend picked up some new Reef sandals from Nordstrom Rack and after seeing them, I knew I had to write a review on them. These sandals are the Reef “Fanning Style” Flip Flop, inspired by pro surfer Mick Fanning’s adventurous lifestyle. These sandals are very comfortable and come with a built in bottle opener on the bottom of the soles.
- Super comfortable, with a built in arch support for ultimate comfort and contoured compression molded EVA foot bed with anatomical arch support Full 360° heel airbag enclosed in soft polyurethane.
- Lightweight, these sandals are very lightweight and can be worn comfortably for long periods of time.
- Water friendly, these sandals can get wet and won’t come apart of get ruined by the water.
- Thirst quenching technology, aka convenient bottle opener on the out sole.
- Extra eye candy on the bottom of the sandal, I was blown away to see vivid photos of hot women in thongs on the bottom of the sandal. I guess when guys are opening their beer bottles they can get a quick look at a hot chicks butt at the same time, pro for guys!
- Super expensive, considering rubber slippers cost about $5, these sandals are pricey and can run about $55. If you’re lucky you can score some for a little cheaper at discount stores like Nordstrom Rack.
- Wear and tear, maybe my boyfriend is rough on his sandals, but after only about 2 months of wearing them the black Reef logo on the sole was half faded away. He also said that his last pair of Fannings started to de-laminate on the soles when he left them out in the sun.
Overall, my boyfriend is super happy with these sandals and these are even his second pair of them. It seems like these sandals are more for land-lovers and not hard core beachers. It might be good to save the cheap rubber slippers for the beach and take the Fannings to on a night out, but if you are looking for comfortable dress sandals these would be a great choice.