About 5 years ago I bought an O’Neill long sleeve rashguard that was between a sun rashguard and wetsuit in thickness for surfing. Over the 5 years I wore that rashguard into the ground and finally had to retire it a couple months ago. I was looking for its exact replacement because of its comfort, durability, and warmth.
One of my favorite surf shops Hawaiian South Shore ended up carrying the exact top for $60, so I purchased it. After trying it on, I realized that it fit a little different from my old top. The exact same size was a little loose and the sleeves were a lot longer. One size down was skin tight, so I opted for a little baggier fit.
After a couple wears in the water, overall I am satisfied with my purchase. I am use to wearing my rashguards and wetsuits on the snug side, so it was a little adjustment to have a loose fitting top on in the surf. Other than that, the top is very comfortable and thicker material keeps me from getting cold.
- Maximum core insulation, keeps you warm when wind blows, unlike a sun rashguard
- Water repellency, odor resistance
- Board short connector
- P2 Technology features polypropelene which provides excellent insulation in minimal bulk fabric
- Little pricey (considering a wetsuit top is only about $10 more)
- Not a perfect fit, sleeves are too long
- Made in Mexico, not locally made