One of my favorite stores in Ala Moana Center is Lush the “fresh handmade cosmetics” store. They carry bath and beauty products for men and women that pamper the body. Bath bombs, amazing soaps, fruit scented lotions, body butters, and hair treatments just to name a few are all made from fresh, organic fruit and vegetables, the finest essential oils and safe synthetics.
Stepping into any Lush store across the country or abroad for that matter will put you in a good mood with all the heavenly smells and over the top friendly and helpful service. I’ve been using Lush products for a couple years now, and my favorite product is the Ocean Salt Cleanser. This face and body scrub is made with lime, lemon, coconut, avocado, grapefruit, sea salt, and a dash of vodka. And after putting my skin through the ringer with the sun, sand, and salt water, this product is a lifesaver.
- The mix of lime, lemon, and coconut smells sooooo good, like an ocean party.
- Has a creamy consistency that feels soothing and gentle on your skin while it’s exfoliating.
- Made fresh by hand using little or no preservative or packaging, using only vegetarian ingredients, and tell you when they were made.
- A little goes a long way.
- Leaves your skin feeling soft and smelling delicious.
- Very expensive, it’s $19.95 for just a small 4.2 oz pot and $34.95 for the 8.8 oz.
- Ocean Salt can only be found at Hawaii’s one Lush store at Ala Moana Center, if you order online shipping can get pricey.
The Ocean Salt Cleanser is Lush’s #1 best selling product and rightly so. For anyone who is in the sun and salt water often and could use a great cleanser and exfoliate, this product is your key to baby soft skin and worth the high price tag. If you are unsure about spending $20 for a tiny pot, stop into the Lush store at Ala Moana, and they’ll give you a free hand demo of Ocean Salt along with Lemony Flutter cuticle butter (my #2 favorite product).